Paradip Port is one of the Major Ports of India
serving the Eastern and Central parts of the country. Its hinterland extends to the States of Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar. The Port mainly deals with bulk cargo apart from other clean cargoes. There is unprecedented growth in the traffic handled at this Port in the last decade. The Port has got ambitious expansion programme to enhance its capacity up to 260.50 MMTPA by 2023 to meet the ever increasing demand.
Why Prefer the Port of Paradip
- The Port operations are carried out round the clock 365 days.
- With annual cargo handling capacity of 108.50 million metric tonnes, the Port occupies the top spot amongst all Major Ports of the country in terms of capacity.
- The Port has a capacity of evacuating as many as 25 rakes in a day, which will further increase on completion of ongoing railway projects.
- The Port is adding 2 lakh square meters of stack yard to the present 23 lakhs square mtrs. of stack yard.
- The port is also creating storage space of 12,000 sqmtrs. to handle food grain.
- Up to 14.5 mtrs. draft at the berths maintained round the year.
- 14nos. of berths in the inner harbour waiting for the vessels up to 95,000 DWT.
- 3 SPM of IOCL are operational to handle VLCC up to 3,50,000 DWT size.
- Equipped with state of the art equipments and technology.
- Cost effective and efficient service.
- 51.95 MMTPA Surplus Capacity.
- 17640 MT berthday output, 2.24 days of Vessel turnround time(PortA/C).
- Seamless rail and road connectivity.